We’re hosting a 5 day/4 night retreat from October 8 till October 12 2019 at a villa in Sommacampagna. We’ll be joined by two chefs, Sabrina and Francesco, graduates of the renowned Boscolo Etoile Academy.
We’re very excited to spend 5 fun-filled exploring the tenets of food and lifestyle photography, and of course eating the most amazing local cuisine.
Discover the beautiful and diverse Veneto region with its vineyards, picturesque towns on Lake Garda, the rich Romanesque and
Gothic architecture of Verona all while honing your photography skills. Our small group will offer lots a supportive and intimate setting, filled with lots of personalized attention.
We’ll have a chance to explore wineries of the Valpolicella region as well as photograph local dishes and ingredients sourced from local farmer’s markets.All meals will be prepared by our two chefs and enjoyed together at our villa, except when we’re out exploring the region and enjoying the ambiance of local osterias.
We’ll have a fresh pasta workshop where everyone will prepare their own pasta, taking pictures of the process as well as the finished plate. For the foodies, we’ve prepared a special cooking demo in which Sabrina and Francesco will cook several authentic dishes we’ll be able to taste.
Of course, a trip to the area isn’t complete without a visit to nearby Verona, with its medieval old town featuring Juliet’s famous balcony from Shakespeare’s “Romeo and Juliet.” .We’ll enjoy a foodie walking tour of Verona where we’ll learn not only about history but also sample pastries, espresso, Amarone wine, cheese and salami.
A fun day-trip to visit a local olive oil producer in the picturesque Lago di Garda region will provide many photo opportunities.
We’ll be staying in a peaceful area in Sommacampagna, 20 minutes away from Verona.The Villa dates from the mid-700 and has been restored, maintaining the characteristics that define the old manor villas.
In the middle of the Custoza vineyards, its sprawling 1000 square meter garden is the perfect spot to rest your body and soul. Each room boasts views of the garden or mountains.
Single rooms are at $2600 (CAD) (approx. $2100 USD or 1700 Euros).
Double rooms are $2300CAD, approx. $1850 USD or 1500 Euros.
Flight is not included.
• Single accommodation or double accommodation at our villa in Sommacampagna
• Welcome cocktail and appetizers
• Wine tastings at a local winery
• Four breakfasts, four lunches and four dinners.
• Local wine to be enjoyed with dinner
• Five-day food photography workshop with food photographers Valeria Bismar and Ariel Tarr
• Beautiful hand-picked food to photograph
• Day excursion to Verona (including transportation) and a 3.5-hour foodie walking tour
• Day excursion to Lake Garda and an olive oil producer (including transportation)
• A 2.5 hour cooking demo with Sabrina and Francesco
• A fresh pasta-making workshop with Sabrina and Francesco
• Welcome gift