Join us for 4 nights and 5 days as we discover this culturally rich area and all it has to offer. Together we’ll wander the streets, photographing brightly coloured buildings, iconic churches and refined plazas. There’s no denying Oaxaca is a magical place and should be on everyone’s bucket list.
We’ll be staying in a modern and Instagram-worthy accommodation right in the heart of Oaxaca, making exploring at your leisure as easy as pie. Imagine relaxing in a brightly coloured hammock or sipping a mezcal cocktail. It’s the perfect opportunity for solo travellers, friends or couples to meet and connect with like-minded individuals.
Our workshop will include an introduction to Food Photography and tips for shooting food on location. There’s no better place than Oaxaca to explore Visual storytelling though Photography: capturing street scenes, candid portraits, local food and artisan markets and fresh, colourful produce and ingredients.
During the workshop we’ll cover shooting food on location, working with challenging light situations and styling on location, whether at local restaurants or in one of Oaxaca’s bustling markets. We provide our participants with support and many opportunities to capture the action of local chefs and artisans as they prepare delicious food.
One day will be spent with a female chef at her cooking school where we will learn about local ingredients, regional cooking tools and the traditional cooking techniques that make Oaxacan cuisine unique. The outing to the cooking school also includes a trip to the local market with our chef as she explains the ingredients we’ll cook with. Another day will be spent at the fascinating Tlacolula market, 30 km outside Oaxaca and best known for its weekly open-air market held on Sundays. Near the market we’ll have the chance to sample mezcal and learn about how it’s made.
- Single accommodation or double accommodation at a hotel a short walk from Oaxaca’s city centre
- Welcome cocktail and appetizers at our hotel
- Welcome dinner in Oaxaca
- Four breakfasts at our Hotel
- One-hour lecture with a local chef about the region’s diverse cuisine and ingredients
- Four-day food and lifestyle photography workshop with food photographers Ariel Tarr and Valeria Bismar.
- Beautiful hand-picked food and props to photograph
- Day excursion to Tlacolula market (including transportation) and a 3-hour foodie photography walking tour
- Mezcal tastings
- Cooking class with a female chef and market visit (including transportation)
- Two lunches
- Farewell dinner in Oaxaca